HH “Buck-A-Bin” Program
HelloHarvest believes in teaching our children about where food comes from and the farmers that grow it.
Our “Buck-A-Bin” program is a partnership with local schools to help get kids (and adults!) excited about fresh produce, as well as raise money for the school. Establish your campus today as a delivery drop spot for families, faculty and staff to receive their HH Bins! Participants can select from 3 different sizes and delivery on a weekly or every-other-week basis, depending upon their household’s needs. No administration by your school is required, only a suitable spot for pickup… all ordering, billing and payment is handled by HelloHarvest. Every HH Bin distributed at your site earns $1 for your school, whether it’s 6 or 60 boxes. We call it the “buck-a-bin” giveback to schools.
We are also interested in assisting local schools w/ any of the following…
- facilitate field trips to local farms
- providing wholesale produce to school districts with our friends at Harvest SB.
- provide presentations, demonstrations, learning sessions on variety of topics including…
- hearing directly from a local farmer
- grade-appropriate lessons about farming, nutrition and cooking
- giving back: to our community’s schools, farmers and environment
- provide cooking sessions for student, educator & parent audiences
- provide current resources, best practices and guidance for educators wishing to make inroads in the areas of food sources, sustainability, cooking, and agriculture . As Alice Waters proves with her Edible Schoolyard Program, every subject can be taught in the garden.